Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Girls Weekend in Portland






















What a blast!! Get 9 women together who are related and what do you get????? Alot of information I cannot share because what happens in Portland STAYS in Portland!!! Ha Ha.



What a blast. 4 sisters, 1 mom, 2 aunts and 2 cousins. We called it the Cornwall sisters reunion.




Cornwall is my mother's maiden name. She has 4 sisters. My sisters and parents, aunt and grandmother were together in Seaside, Oregon 2 years ago this November. That was the last time that I saw my Grandmother Cornwall alive as she died 1 month later. That was a very memorable weekend. We were together for Grandmother's 96th birthday!!! She said she wanted to live to be 100!! I was very close to my grandmother ever since she was a little girl. I called her my mod grandmother as she was very classy and always dressed in style.



Last year my mother suggested that we have a Cornwall sisters reunion to get together in the name of Grandmother. ( By the way it is Grandmother, not Grandma. Growing up she would hear the boys call her parents ma and pa and she didn't like the sound of it, so when she had her kids it was Mother and Daddy and when she had grandkids it was Grandmother and Granddad) So when people ask about my "Grandma" I think they are talking about my Grandma Davis



Getting together in Portland was great. We talked we laughed we laughed we cryed. Walks on the beach, drives along the coast. Some of us renewed our relationships with one another. When a bunch of women get together it can be very revealing.........some of the things we talk about. Wow!! Don't worry Cathy, I wouldn't DREAM of telling. ha ha.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Cute, cute! We did have a ton a fun didn't we? Can't wait to do it again!

Jennifer P. said...

That sounds juicier than Vegas --- without anything illegal :)!

So did you recognize my "prayer" on my blog today? I remember you saying how you prayed for "someone crazy aout and crazy about my kids". That stuck with me. I've had one friend foot that bill, but he wasn't so big on the church, so I needed to add 'crazy about his faith' in there----and then, obviously, the not just plain crazy part! I got those messages on LDS LinkUp---a place where I was VERY careful not to say "looking for a match". But I guess saying "single" infers that? I know God can't steer a parked car or whatever, but it really makes me feel like throwing myself in park and throwing away the key! I'm sure you remember :)!

Thanks for the sweet comment!

So glad you had such a fun time with your family!